The Ashlyns Lectures

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jbell 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

jbell
    Keymaster

TTB and Ashlyns school are teaming up to present talks from high-profile speakers, with the intention of them being once per academic term. The Ashlyns Lectures will be open to the public, not just restricted to TTB members or Ashlyns teachers / parents / pupils. The first speaker lined up is Prof Ian Roberts, author of the book “Energy Glut”. This topic is to discuss the organising of the Ashlyns Lectures.

July 12, 2013 at 3:53 pm #1300

jbell
    Keymaster

First meeting to arrange the Ian Roberts will be 7.45pm for 8pm on 23 July – at Hill Way, 2 Castle Hill Avenue – first on the right going up Bridgewater Road – first house on the right. Please post here or email jubble (at) hotmail.co.uk if you would like to attend.

Agenda
    1. Current situation at school. Implications.
    2. Objectives – Bruce adapt from MM talk and flip up.
    3. Action plan: What we need to do: who and when.
    4. Next meeting.
    5. AOB.

August 13, 2013 at 8:59 pm #1317

admin
    Keymaster

Hi
    The link to the action plan for the Energy Glut talk is here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtLhtFagbsHfdGswNkZzMzBSVTl1YmdxRUlVZlZ5eXc&usp=sharing
    Sorry the link is a bit long and ungainly – if you dont have access contact me and i’ll add you.
    Thanks
    Claire

August 15, 2013 at 8:19 am #1320

admin
    Keymaster

Bruces purpose and outcomes document for the Energy Glut talk

Claire

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 6, 2014 at 11:22 am #1548

jbell
    Keymaster
    January 6, 2014 at 12:07 pm #1551

jbell
    Keymaster

Anyone got a table cloth we might use for the market stall on Saturday?

I think we might need to get foot weights this time out, given the stormy weather. Anyone know where we might be able to borrow some from? Or we could by some for about £20.

January 7, 2014 at 12:33 pm #1555

EmmaN

Hi John. I think it would be sensible to get our own for the long run but if not, then I’m sure Sunnyside Rural Trust has some gazebo weights which you fill with water and fit around each leg – suggest you speak to either Maggie Grand at the main office (01442 863364) or someone like Hannah at the Northchurch team (01442 872114). If it is really, really gusty then you may want to reconsider as it could be a bit dangerous … I speak from painful experience! Sorry I can’t be there to help. Emma

January 7, 2014 at 7:38 pm #1556

jbell
    Keymaster

Good idea, Emma, and yes, if the wind is up too high we will not put the gazebo up. This Saturday looks decent at the moment.

February 23, 2014 at 8:59 am #1649

jbell
    Keymaster

Doodle for the follow-up meeting to the Polly Higgins talk, and starting planning for the Mark Stevenson talk of 21 May.

February 25, 2014 at 8:59 pm #1655

jbell
    Keymaster

Meeting will be on 11 March at Claire’s

March 13, 2014 at 1:29 pm #1682

jbell
    Keymaster

Bex’s minutes of the meeting of 11 March are attached.

Not so good bit of news is that the Civic Centre is not available for the week including 21 May, due to running an exhibition. We can’t move the date as Mark is only in the UK for that week.

Other venue ideas?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 14, 2014 at 2:15 pm #1684

jbell
    Keymaster

I’ve provisionally booked the Town Hall from 1830-2130 on 21 May or £100 (they sound like they’ll let us in from 6pm and have it until 10pm for the same price). Holds 180 people, and the price includes mic, PA system, hearing loop and they have a built in projector screen.

If we are agreeable I will confirm the booking on Monday.

March 17, 2014 at 11:41 am #1685

jbell
    Keymaster

Booking confirmed. Max the Great Hall can take is 170 rather than 180. Got the £100 rate from 6 to 10pm.

March 17, 2014 at 1:14 pm #1686

admin
    Keymaster

Hi
    There were 3 responses to the request for help:
    Ivan Coelho
    Philippa Jones
    and
    Kathryn Salway – all on the google group – so make sure to invite them to the meeting. So sorry I’ve got to take a step back for this one, work is still taking up all my days and most of my evenings so i really cant take on any more at the moment, but i’m hoping life will be calm by july ish!
    Claire

August 25, 2014 at 9:38 pm #1783

jbell
    Keymaster

Jobs for recently renamed Transition Conversations (from Ashlyns Conversations, from Ashlyns Lectures):

– Send out Doodle for Berkofest ticket selling stall.
    – Find out details of stall to sell tickets at Berkofest (volunteering / ticket prices if we don’t volunteer; location – Charlie Hussey said to me over the phone that it would be fine for us to sell tickets there as long as we sorted stalls, cleared ourselves up etc).
    – Invitation email out to google group, other transition towns etc, with Bruce’s video, to start the online ticket sales.
    – Publicity, publicity, publicity.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• NEXT GREEN DRINKS:

Our next Green Drinks will be held on 17th August at The Bull in Berkhamsted.  ALL WELCOME!
    Back to normal Green Drinks, held on the third Thursday every month, from 8pm, at The Old Mill, Berkhamsted on 21st September .

• LATEST NEWS:

• Transition Roadshow

butterflies

Transition Network

The Climate Coalition