Meetings

This topic contains 77 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  jbell 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • May 21, 2014 at 10:09 am #1726

    Seb Beloe
    Participant

    Minutes to Transition Town Berkhamsted’s 2014 AGM
    HERE Berkhamsted, Lower King’s Road, Berkhamsted
    8pm 15th May 2014

    Attendees
    John Bell (Leader)
    Seb Beloe (Secretary)
    Marion Baker (Treasurer)
    Paul Crosland
    Bex Plenderleith
    Claire Mistry
    Wendy Conian
    Emma Sherrington
    Emma Norrington
    Matt Gitsham
    Jean Hayes
    Jonathan Young
    Lisa Sutherland
    Bruce Nixon
    Nigel Crawley (Tring in Transition)
    Bettina Strickler-Davies
    Trevor Davies
    Tracy Dudley
    Peter Dudley
    Joanna Bonnett
    Danny Bonnett
    John Niebel
    Dan Blaney

    1. Achievements over the last year
    JB led a discussion setting out what had been achieved over the past year. Highlights included: the Ashlyns conversations, contributing to the development of the local food network, the Bikefest, contributing to parking forum and town plan discussions, better monitoring of air pollution in the town, the development of the B-Hive and safer routes to school. A fuller account of the year’s achievements can be found on John Bell’s blog at http://john-bell.com/2014/05/15/a-year-of-transition/.

    2. Agree minutes of the 2013 AGM
    Minutes of last year’s meeting were distributed and agreed with two amendments noting that Marion Baker was also an attendee at the 2013 AGM and that the date of the meeting was 16th May .

    3. 2013 Accounts
    The accounts were reviewed and accepted. We had some brief discussion of the accounts including ensuring that money raised at specific events should be itemised under these events rather than as a single ‘Donations’ line and that these payments should be made direct into the TTB bank account. It was also noted that of the year’s closing balance of £2216.75, £786.25 is reserved for the Fresh Local Accessible project and £462 is for the Dacorum Environmental Forum. In future these pass-throughs should be recorded separately.

    4. Elections
    We elected the officers of the organisation as follows:
    • John Bell elected as leader (proposed by Emma Sherrington and seconded by Jo Bonnett)
    • Seb Beloe elected as secretary (proposed by Wendy Conian and seconded by Emma Norrington)
    • Dan Blaney elected as treasurer (proposed by Trevor Davies and seconded by John Bell)
    It was also agreed that authorised signatories for the TTB accounts should be the three officers as well as Danny Bonnett.

    5. New structure
    In addition to the formal officers of the organisation, some other positions were also agreed at the meeting. These included:
    • Bex Plenderleith: Publicity, Newsletter and Digest, Ashlyns Coordinator
    • Claire Mistry: Website and membership
    • Emma Norrington: Grants and fundraising
    • Emma Sherrington: Planning socials, Facebook
    • Jonathan Young and Lisa Sutherland: Inner transition
    • Seb Beloe: Energy
    • Wendy Conian/Bex/Claire: Food
    • Wendy Conian: Transport

    An internal communications role has yet to be filled.

    6. Next year
    JB then led a brief conversation on plans for next year including on-going work on local food, energy, social events and the Bikefest.

    7. AOB
    The meeting then concluded with members thanking Marion Baker for all of her hard work, ideas and support over the years and wished her all the best for her move to Devon, and also to John Bell for the enormous amount of time and energy that he has put in over the past year to help the organisation grow and develop.

    Seb Beloe
    beloe@live.co.uk
    Tel. +44 (0)7950 346 590

    August 19, 2014 at 7:41 am #1763

    jbell
    Keymaster

    The next Steering Group will be on 25 Sept at 8pm (venue TBC).

    Initial agenda will be as follows – any other points?

    ​- Fulfilling roles taken at the AGM
    – Transition Roadshow
    – Local Currency
    – Next steps re: B-Hive
    – Business app

    August 19, 2014 at 6:06 pm #1765

    EmmaN
    Member

    Hi John
    I’m not currently on the Steering Group so wouldn’t expect to come to this – but looks like I’ve able to be there if needed. Just let me know
    Thanks
    Emma

    August 19, 2014 at 6:58 pm #1766

    jbell
    Keymaster

    The Steering Group is open – would be lovely to see you there if you are willing and able

    August 22, 2014 at 12:57 pm #1776

    EmmaN
    Member

    Great – it’s in the diary.
    Thanks
    Emma

    September 10, 2014 at 10:06 am #1788

    wendyc
    Member

    all – I’ve attached a paper prepared by Tony Turner (a friend who has been along to a few TTB meetings) which outlines his idea for a business app. He is going to attend Steering group to outline his ideas a bit more. He is also interested in the local currency development.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 16, 2014 at 3:56 pm #1804

    jbell
    Keymaster

    Another couple of items for the agenda on the 25th:

    – BTC elections 2015.
    – Green Drinks venue (again) – we may have got through this one at the Green Drinks themselves on the 18th – HERE need to use their upstairs, so we will have a table rather than the whole room.

    September 30, 2014 at 9:30 am #1813

    jbell
    Keymaster

    Minutes of Steering Group attached. Any comments?

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 12, 2014 at 11:11 am #1823

    Seb Beloe
    Participant

    No comments thanks John. Project at Ashlyns is still progressing nicely. They are about to start the construction of the sportshall so we will need to start the marketing and fundraising of the solar project in the next few months. I’ll be in touch once the timings are all a bit clearer. Bridgewater are also about to start discussing a solar project for their school so I will update everyone once that is a bit clearer. Sorry I couldn’t make the last meeting.

    October 13, 2014 at 10:20 am #1825

    jbell
    Keymaster

    Wow, sounds absolutely fantastic. Have you enough support in the Energy Group?

    October 13, 2014 at 1:14 pm #1829

    wendyc
    Member

    it does seb! do let us know if you need any more help. who is in the loop at bridgewater?

    January 17, 2015 at 8:48 pm #1896

    jbell
    Keymaster

    ​The last TTB Steering Group of 2014/15 is confirmed as being on 26 Feb.

    As yet we don’t have a venue for this, so offers / suggestions welcome.

    The agenda will cover (at least):​

    ​- Update on move to become incorporated and a charity and any decisions arising.​
    ​- ​Organisation structure and filling of roles post May 2015.
    ​- Review of overall progress and goals.​
    – State of the accounts.

    May 21, 2015 at 5:06 pm #1991

    jbell
    Keymaster

    Minutes of the last Steering Group attached

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 6, 2015 at 7:24 am #1999

    Seb Beloe
    Participant

    Minutes of 17 June 2015 Steering Committee Meeting

    How we are going to organise ourselves
    We will try harder to organise meetings at times that people can make and then turn up on time! – SB will organise the next steering group meetings (every three months).
    Organisation will be around projects – with project teams and leaders
    We will also have a central ‘spine’ of green drinks and regular (every 3mths) steering group meetings.
    ‘Central services’ such as membership, communications and website will be led by individuals – such as Clare doing the website, publicity and communications, John doing membership, EmmaS doing Facebook and twitter EmmaN doing fundraising. Seb remains as Secretary and Dan is Treasurer.
    Projects: Wendy working on the Dacorum Local Food Project – event in September. Energy project – everyone is keen to hear more and be involved in next meeting.

    Follow-up to AGM
    See below…!
    Bikefest in September – we can’t let Danny done! There is someone from RES who said to John that he would be happy to do this. JB to ask Danny who this is…! Dan Blaney will ask the Berkhamsted Cycle Club if they are interested in organising this.

    Solar farm project
    SB and JB met up with a guy called Terry McGivern (Institute of Sustainability). He is involved in helping communities develop community energy schemes. Suncredit – a solar farm developer – has begun to look at a potential project near Ashley Green. They are keen to have local community financing for at least half of the project and are keen to work with us.
    The project plan is currently for an 8MW solar farm and we discussed half of it being funded by the community.
    The plan would be to set up a community interest company which would then receive annual income from the sale of electricity (in addition to income to any investors in the scheme).
    We would then use this funding to support a community energy hub (with potential employees) to support renewable energy projects in Berkhamsted and other local transition towns in the area.
    There are sources of funding to help us participate in the project development. It would be possible to have someone employed to lead/coordinate
    Timeline – developers want to get the project completed within the year (June 2016)
    SB to contact other local transition towns Annie (Hemel), Nigel (Tring), John (Kings Langley), Julia (Chesham). We are really keen and plan to push ahead with it, but are keen to get local transition towns involved as well. Worth having a conversation? Berkhamsted and District
    JB to go back to Terry to arrange another meeting. (slides from the developer attached)

    CIBSE -Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers
    We are supporting this event in the King’s Arms Green Room in the evening on 24th July which will be focused on building energy efficiency.
    ES can put details of event on Facebook and tweet it.
    Need leaflets to hand out by 4th July to hand out in advance of the library consultation (and then hand out again at the library events on the 9th and 18th)
    Also need posters to put up around town
    Promote to other networks in the town: Berkhamsted Citizens Association / BDCC (Berkhamsted District Chamber of Commerce), other?
    Gazette – Paul Crosland is talking to them about the library already so SB to ask him.
    Estate Agents might also be interested

    March 10, 2016 at 12:22 pm #2043

    jbell
    Keymaster

    Minutes of the Steering Group of 3 March 2016 attached.

    March 10, 2016 at 12:26 pm #2045

    jbell
    Keymaster

    Didn’t let me attach it – trying again with a PDF…

    March 10, 2016 at 12:27 pm #2047

    jbell
    Keymaster

    Let’s try a link instead.

    October 5, 2016 at 5:45 pm #2067

    jbell
    Keymaster

    Emma Norrington’s notes from the recent Steering Group

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

  • NEXT GREEN DRINKS:

    Our next Green Drinks will be held on 17th August at The Bull in Berkhamsted.  ALL WELCOME!
    Back to normal Green Drinks, held on the third Thursday every month, from 8pm, at The Old Mill, Berkhamsted on 21st September .

  • LATEST NEWS:



  • Transition Roadshow

    butterflies

    Transition Network

    The Climate Coalition